Tuesday, March 20, 2018

My toddler is gone

The toddler days are behind us according to google at age 4 you are officially a preschooler. Instead of stroller walks it’s scooter walks or bike walks around the neighborhood. You found your voice and now tell me what you want for lunch. You pick out your own outfits as you know what you want and what you like and no one can change your mind. There are days that you still want me to rock you like a baby and I do happily. Bedtime is still a learning curve as your world was turned upside by the arrival of your brother. See we had this thing me and you, I would get a shower than daddy would give you a bath, you would than hop in my bed and we would read books than drift off to sleep watching Roseanne together. With the addition of this little guy that hasn’t been able to happen and I miss those nights me and you. We had so much fun in those toddler days. From our first time at playgroup to all the storytimes at all the different libraries. The days were long my sweeet little girl but the years were so short. You have been my buddy these past three years everyday has been an adventure. Some of the days were not fun like the tantrums and negotiating with a toddler is a task in itself. Each year I have to let you spread your wings a little more but my heart breaks more with each year. I watched you as you nervously walked into preschool this year and I held that little hand and gave you reassurance that I would wait in the living room as you called it and I would be right here when school was over. Now 6 months later you walk in sometimes not even kissing me goodbye. How do we let go of these little human beings so quick just a couple years at home and than they are in school? Lately the question.How did 3 years go by so fast? Leah you are turning four tomorrow and I want to keep you 3 forever!!! Like you said to me yesterday Mom you are my best friend. Not going to lie 3 wasn’t easy there were tantrums, tears, defiance but there was also laughter, questions and growing. You have started asking why a lot more lately about everything. There are still so many firsts still to come for you baby girl. Keep being funny, pick out your own outfits, artistic and dancing girl you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment